Comox Valley Regional District Fire Services Operational Guidlines
View the CVRD Fire Departments Operational Guidlines Staff Reports and appendices here:
Please note: The reports linked below are pending Board approval.
- BCOB Fire Departments Operational Guidelines Staff Report Dated July 31, 2020
- CVRD Fire Departments Operational Guidelines Staff Report Dated July 31, 2020
Fire Underwriters Survey
Fire Underwriters Surveytm(FUS) is a national organization that provides data on public fire protection for subscribing insurance companies.
In 2009 the FUS conducted a study of the Comox Valley Regional District’s fire services to provide a measurement of risk and to compare that risk with the available resources for fire protection. The study is a planning tool for both the regional district and the fire departments to pro-actively improve fire services with a view to improving the insurance Public Fire Protection Classification. This study included an analysis of the:
- Oyster River Fire Rescue Department
- Fanny Bay Volunteer Fire Department
- Denman Island Fire Rescue Department, and the
- Hornby Island Fire Rescue Department
View the FUS study here: