STAGE 3 RESTRICTIONS - NO LAWN WATERING IS PERMITTED
Please note: Stage 3 water restrictions may differ depending on the Water Local Service Area you're located in. To confirm which area you're in, visit the Current Water Restrictions page.
During Stage 3 Water Restrictions:
- No person shall:
- water a lawn or boulevard;
- fill or add water to a swimming pool, hot tub or garden pond;
- fill or add water to or operate a decorative fountain at any time; or
- wash a vehicle or a boat with water.
An Individual May:
- Water trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables on any day at any time if watering is done using micro-irrigation or drip-irrigation, a hand-held container, or a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Water newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables using a hand-held container or a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shutoff nozzle during installation and at any time during the following 24 hours after installation is completed.
- Water all-weather playing fields at any time, but only if failure to do so will result in a permanent loss of plant material.
- Use water to wash sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, exterior windows or exterior building surfaces, but only if necessary for applying a product such as paint, preservative or stucco, preparing a surface prior to paving or repointing bricks or if required by law to comply with health or safety regulations.
Exceptions to Stage 3 Restrictions:
- Nurseries, farms, turf farms and tree farms are exempt from the restrictions.
- Local government water parks and pools are exempt from the restrictions.
- Local government may use a sprinkler to water parks, ornamental lawns and grassed boulevards between the hours of 11 pm to 7 am on even numbered days for even numbered addresses and odd numbered days for odd numbered addresses.
- Owners or operators of golf courses may water:
- fairways at any time on not more than one day per week;
- trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetables grown on golf courses in accordance with stage 3 sections 1 (b) (i), (ii), and (iii) of this schedule; and
- golf greens and tees on any day if failure to do so will result in permanent loss of plant material.
- Wading pools less than 200 centimetres in diameter may be filled with water up to a maximum depth of 30 centimetres.
- Vehicles and boats may be washed with water only at car dealerships and commercial car washes using less than 205 litres of water per vehicle wash, or 50 per cent recirculated water, as long as the total amount of water, excluding recirculated water, does not exceed 205 litres per vehicle wash.