The CVRD is responsible for providing support services to the CSRHD board.
The Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District provides capital funding, though it does not operate any facilities. The funding it provides is cost-shared, with the Province of British Columbia paying 60 per cent and the CSRHD paying 40 per cent.
Facilities that receive funding from the Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District include:
- North Island Hospital Campbell River and District
- North Island Hospital Comox Valley
- Cortes Health Centre
- Cumberland Regional Hospital Laundry Society
- Gold River Health Clinic
- Kyuquot Health Centre
- Sayward Primary Healthcare Centre
- St. Joseph's General Hospital
- Tahsis Health Centre
- Zeballos Health Clinic
Regional hospital districts are governed by the Hospital District Act. Some of the purposes of a regional hospital district are:
- to establish, acquire, construct, reconstruct, enlarge, operate and maintain hospitals and hospital facilities;
- to grant aid for the establishment, acquisition, reconstruction, enlargement, operation and maintenance of hospitals and hospital facilities;
- to assume obligations of any member municipality, or any improvement district not within the definition of "municipality," or any hospital corporation with respect to the repayment of money borrowed and provided for the financing of hospital projects and interest on it;
- to reimburse a municipality, improvement district or hospital corporation for money provided for financing hospital projects that were raised or obtained other than by borrowing
For more comprehensive information on the Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital District visit www.csrhd.ca.