Final Stages of Sandwick Waterworks Conversion
The Comox Valley Regional District is in the final stages of system modifications to connect the Sandwick water system to the Comox Valley Water System.
As we complete the final phase of the Sandwick Waterworks Conversion in the coming weeks, residents may experience temporary water quality issues. For more information, visit the Maintenance Advisories Page.
The Sandwick Waterworks District disbanded and converted its water supply and distribution services for electoral area B residents to the Comox Valley Regional District's (CVRD) regional water system effective on January 1, 2017.
What's Happening Now?
Construction of system modifications to connect the Sandwick water system to the Comox Valley Water System is now underway. A new watermain will be installed from Veteran's Memorial Parkway, along Wentworth Road and connecting to the exisiting watermain on the Island Highway. Construction will progress throughout the fall with final completion anticipated in Spring 2019.
Current Construction Notices:
- Road work will be commencing Monday, September 24th, working hours will be between 7am and 6pm Monday through Saturday
- If your property is directly affected by this construction you will be notified by Knappett Industries (2006) Ltd.
- August 2018- CVRD newsletter to Area B Sandwick residents
- Sandwick Waterworks conversion costs and options for payments
- April 2018 - CVRD newsletter to Area B Sandwick residents
- January 2018 - CVRD newsletter to Area B Sandwick residents
- June 2017 - CVRD newsletter to Area B Sandwick residents
- December 2016 – CVRD newsletter to Area B Sandwick residents
- June 2016 - Sandwick Waterworks District newsletter