Do you have a concern or issue you want to report? The Comox Valley Regional District takes your safety, wellbeing and concerns very seriously. Please ensure when reporting concerns that you provide as much detail as possible regarding the incident.

Ethical Conduct Concerns

Public concerns regarding ethical misconduct, wrongdoings, or inappropriateness can be submitted for investigation by the following methods:

  1. Arrange to speak with CVRD Human Resources directly by calling 250-334-6000.
  2. Drop off or mail your complaint to the CVRD main office (770 Harmston Avenue, Courtenay, BC, V9N 0G8) in a sealed envelope marked Confidential addressed to Human Resources: Ellen Jackson.
  3. Submit your claim online through the CVRD’s Integrity Counts Portal.

All complaints or allegations will be responded to and investigations may be conducted by both CVRD staff and third party investigators, depending on the nature of the situation.

Bylaw Violation

A 'bylaw complaint' is a formal written request to have an alleged bylaw infraction investigated by a bylaw enforcement officer. For your convenience, and to ensure your complaints and comments are responded to as quickly and comprehensively as possible, the CVRD has created a complaint package for you to fill out and return.

Bylaw complaint forms are available to download here. Be aware that completed bylaw complaint forms are treated as formal legal documents even if sent electronically.

If you have any questions about Comox Valley Regional District bylaws that are not answered on this website, concerns regarding anonymity or are hesitant to make a formal complaint, please contact the CVRD Manager of Bylaw Compliance at 250-334-6000 or email us. Visit the Bylaw Complaints page on this site for more information.

Animal Control Problem

The CVRD has established rules and regulations to control pets and other animals within areas of the Regional District. These regulatory rules have been established by the board through various policies and bylaws to provide for the enjoyment and protection of the District's general population. Enforcement of the animal control policies and regulations has been contracted to the Commissionaires: Victoria, the Islands and Yukon, and the Comox Valley branch of the BCSPCA is contracted to provide the pound facility.

If you have an animal control complaint, please call 250-218-2365 or email Visit the Animal Control page on this site for more information.

Water Emergency

In the case of a water emergency, contact us via the water emergency telephone number at 1-877-999-2285. Visit the Water Services page on this site for more information.

Sewer Concerns

To report a concern or issue with our sewer service you can call 250-334-6000 or you can fill out the Engineering Services Contact Form and a member of the engineering team will be in touch.

Odour Complaints

Do you have a complaint about odours or noise at the Comox Valley Wastewater Pollution Control Centre? To have your complaint logged as part of our tracking system please click the button below to fill out our online form.

Water Restrictions Infraction

To report an infraction in the City of Courtenay, email or call 250-334-4441. To report an infraction in the CVRD or Town of Comox, call 250-334-6006. Please visit the Water Restrictions page for more information.

Sports and Aquatic Centre and Exhibition Grounds Concerns

The CVRD recreation department is here to provide a number of programs and services to benefit  our community. If you have a concern about one of our facilities, programs or services please call us at 250-334-9622 or contact us online.

Regional Parks Concern

To report a concern or issue that occurred within one of our regional parks you can call 250-334-6000 or you can fill out the Community Services Contact Form and a member of the parks team will be in touch.

For reported concerns the following information is helpful:

Type of concern or reason for contact

  • Date of report
  • Brief summary of the concern or issue being raised
  • Exact location if known
  • Photo of concern/issue if possible
  • Contact information
BC Transit Concerns

BC Transit wants to hear directly from you if you experience anything that compromises your journey on the bus.

They take these reports seriously. It is important to provide as many details as possible. For example, the exact vehicle where you experienced your problem (bus number and route), the date and time and any details about the operator involved. Please complete the BC Transit online form and they will get back to you.

To report a concern select "Report a Concern" from BC Transit’s feedback form. Choose Comox Valley as the community in which you live.

Street lighting Issues

Streetlights in the electoral areas are primarily owned by BC Hydro and used under agreement by CVRD. To report street lighting issues, contact CVRD by form and include the required information outlined below. To report street lighting issues through the 'general inquiry' online feedback form, please visit the Street lighting Info page.

Information required in order to send request to BC Hydro:

  • Light needs to be within the CVRD
  • A physical address as close to light as possible
  • Name of person reporting
  • Telephone # of person reporting
Report a Crime Online to Comox Valley RCMP

Comox Valley RCMP has launched an online crime reporting website that allows residents to generate a report and file number for crimes including where:

  • you have lost something that costs less than $5000
  • someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
  • someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
  • the crime happened within the jurisdiction of the Comox Valley RCMP
  • you want to report a driving complaint that is not in progress; complaints include speeding, distracted driving, or failing to follow road signs or signals
  • your licence plates or decals are lost or stolen

The online crime reporting website will not be able to create a file if:

  • you have a witness to or suspect for the crime you are reporting
  • lost or stolen item(s) involves personal identity or firearms

Report A Crime Online