Annual Parcel Tax Process
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is preparing the 2023 parcel tax assessment roll as required by Section 202 of the Community Charter.
Parcel Tax Rolls by Service Area
- Baynes Sound, Area B & C Parks and Greenways
- Black Creek/Oyster Bay Water Local Service Area – 771
- Black Creek/Oyster Bay Water Local Service Area - 772
- Comox Valley Water Local Service Area
- Courtenay Flats Drainage
- England Road Service Parcel Tax
- Greaves Crescent Water Service
- Jackson Drive Sewer Service
- King Coho Wastewater Service
- Royston Water Service
- Sandwick Water Service
- Union Bay Water Service
The province includes the parcel taxes on the rural property tax notices they issue each May to all rural property owners. The province is responsible for collection of the parcel taxes on behalf of the CVRD and remits the funds collected to the CVRD in August each year.
The parcel tax roll review panel will meet on February 22, 2023 at 9:30 am in the Civic Room of the CVRD, located at 770 Harmston Avenue, Courtenay, BC to hear requests that the roll be amended.
Property owners are able to request an amendment to the parcel tax roll only with respect to their own property and only for the following reasons:
- Error or omission of the name or address on the roll;
- Error or omission respecting the inclusion of parcel;
- error or omission respecting the taxable area or taxable frontage of a parcel;
- An exemption had been improperly allowed or disallowed.
In order for a request to be considered by the panel, it must be made in writing and received at the CVRD office at least 48 hours prior to the sitting of the parcel tax roll review panel.
Enquiries can be made by email or by calling 250-334-6033.