The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) has prepared the 2019 parcel tax assessment roll as required by Section 202 of the Community Charter. It was authenticated by the parcel tax roll review panel on February 20, 2019.
Authenticated Parcel Tax Rolls by Service Area
- Baynes Sound, Area B & C Parks and Greenways
- Black Creek/Oyster Bay Water Local Service Area – 771
- Black Creek/Oyster Bay Water Local Service Area - 772
- Comox Valley Water Local Service Area
- Courtenay Flats Drainage
- England Road Water Local Service Area
- England Road Water Service
- Greaves Crescent Water Service
- Jackson Drive Sewer Service
- King Coho Wastewater Service
- Royston Water Service
- Sandwick Water Service
The province includes the parcel taxes on the rural property tax notices they issue each May to all rural property owners. The province is responsible for collection of the parcel taxes on behalf of the CVRD and remits the funds collected to the CVRD in August each year.
The parcel tax roll review panel met on February 20, 2019, at 9:30 am in the boardroom of the Comox Valley Regional District, located at 550B Comox Road, Courtenay, BC and authenticated the roll.
Property owners were able to request an amendment to the parcel tax roll only with respect to their own property and only for the following reasons:
- error or omission of the name or address on the roll
- error or omission respecting the inclusion of parcel
- error or omission respecting the taxable area or taxable frontage of a parcel
- an exemption had been improperly allowed or disallowed.
In order for a request to be considered by the panel, it had to have been made in writing and received at the CVRD office at least 48 hours prior to the sitting of the parcel tax roll review panel.
Enquiries can be made by email or by calling 250-334-6033.