Do you want to receive local emergency notifications to your cell phone or landline?
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD), City of Courtenay, Town of Comox and Village of Cumberland have partnered together to distribute local emergency notifications by text message and voice calls through Connect Rocket. These notifications are intended to inform you about incidents that could impact you. By working together we can take proactive steps to build a safer and more resilient community.
Register for Local Emergency Notifications
Be sure to select the communities in which you live, work and play. We encourage you to register for more than one list as it will ensure you receive the appropriate alerts in times when public health and safety maybe at risk.
Already have an account? Sign in to check your details and ensure everything accurate.
Register by Phone
If you would prefer to register by phone for emergency notifications, call 250-334-6000 and a member of our team will call you back to assist. Please be ready with the below information to help the account creation process.
- Phone number(s) – landline and/or cellular
- Which communities do you wish to receive alerts for? (Choose the communities in which you live, work and play). Note: You will receive separate notifications for each list you subscribe to.
- City of Courtenay
- Baynes Sound (Electoral Area A)
- Denman/Hornby Islands (Electoral Area A)
- Lazo North (Electoral Area B)
- Puntledge – Black Creek (Electoral Area C)
- Town of Comox
- Village of Cumberland
- K’ómoks First Nation (KFN)
- Boil Water Notifications – Comox Valley Water Supply System Users
- Water Restrictions (Stage 3 and 4 only) – Comox Valley Water Supply System Users
- Please note that notifications will not be sent for Stage 1 or Stage 2 restrictions
- Sewage Treatment Plant Odour/Noise Notifications – Comox Valley Water Pollution Control Centre Users
If you know someone who would like to receive notifications but is unable to sign up, you may either sign up for them or have them call the CVRD at 250-334-6000 to receive further support with registration.
- If your cell phone is put to ‘Do Not Disturb’ the alerts will not push past this setting. It is important you are aware of this. For example if an alert is distributed at night your cell phone will not ring or notify you.
- If you’re within a cell phone ‘dead zone’ you will not receive the alert to your mobile device.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) landlines will not receive alerts in a power outage as they require both internet and power to work.
- Connect Rocket will not work if there is no power, cell or internet service available.
- It is important to note that when subscribing to lists, you may receive multiple notifications if the emergency notification is cross boundary as each list distributes a separate notification.
- The phone number that Comox Valley Connect Rocket messages will be delivered from is 778-762-3510. Please program this number into your phone as Comox Valley Connect Rocket or Comox Valley Emergency Notifications.
For more emergency preparedness information visit www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/beprepared