Want to be notified about emergency alerts for the Comox Valley, such as boil water notices being put into effect or lifted?
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) emergency notification system sends important alerts via both text message and voice call to those who have signed up to receive them. These notifications are intended to inform you about incidents that could impact you – working together, we can take proactive steps to build a safer and more resilient community. Initially, the notifications will focus on boil water notices but will later be expanded to include other types of emergency messages.
If registering for boil water notifications, be sure to select the community in which you live and also indicate that you wish to sign up for boil water advisories by selecting the Comox Valley Water System (boil water) notification list.
Prefer to register by phone?
If you would prefer to register by phone for emergency notifications, call 250-334-6057 and leave the following information:
- Phone number(s)
- State the community in which you live (list below)
- City of Courtenay
- Baynes Sound – Denman/Hornby Islands (Electoral Area A)
- Lazo North (Electoral Area B)
- Puntledge – Black Creek (Electoral Area C)
- Town of Comox
- Village of Cumberland
- Choose whether or not you wish to also be added to the Comox Valley Water Supply System (boil water) or the Sandwick Water System notification lists
If you know someone who would like to receive notifications but is unable to sign up for whatever reason, you may either sign up for them or have them call the CVRD at 250-334-6057 to receive further support with registration.