From time to time, the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) Board of Directors will issue a proclamation to honour the wishes or values of our community and its citizens.
Proclamation requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The chair has the authority, under Bylaw No. 92, to consider approving proclamations for the CVRD provided the proclamation:
- is non-discriminatory
- provides for an opportunity for equity in the entire community
- does not involve personal opinions
- does not stimulate personal advantage or gain
Requests for Proclamations
Requests for proclamations must be submitted in writing via mail or email and shall include:
- the contact person's name, address and phone number
- a brief summary and/or background of the event
- the name and date(s) of the day, week, month or event to be proclaimed
- proposed text for the proclamation, including "whereas" clauses that provide context to the topic (draft language provided may be edited or rewritten at the discretion of the CVRD)
- a date when the proclamation is needed (a minimum of three weeks' notice is requested)
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their request once it is known.