Will I still be able to register in person or by phone?
Absolutely! You may register in person during operation hours at the CVRD Sports Centre, 3001 Vanier Drive, Courtenay or the CVRD Aquatic Centre, 377 Lerwick Road, Courtenay. Phone in registrations may be made at 250-334-9622 ext. 2 or 250-334-2527 ext. 0. Please note that at peak registration times the phones are often extremely busy.
Is there a fee to set up an account or register online?
There is no fee to set up an account or register online.
Why do I have to supply an email address?
Online registration is set up to use your email address to access your account. Receipts and registration confirmations are sent to your email. In addition, in the event of course or class cancellations or changes we can email you the information in a timely manner. If we’re unable to reach you by phone, we may use your email where necessary. Your email is secure and will not be used for any other purpose.
I followed the instructions, but have not yet received my temporary password.
It may be we have no email or an old email address in our system. Also, it’s been noticed that some email services (i.e. gmail, Hotmail) take longer to process our automatically generated emails. Check your email again, including your junk mail or spam folder. For further assistance, please call Customer Service at 250-334-9622 ext. 2.
I tried to log in a few times, but got locked out. How do I get back in?
The system gives you 5 attempts before locking you out. Once locked out, you cannot try again for 15 minutes. If your attempt is still unsuccessful, it may be the system has permanently locked you out for security reasons. It is recommended if you cannot access the site after 3 login attempts, you click on ‘forgot my password’ to have a temporary password emailed to you. Please remember to check your junk and spam folders! If this does not solve the problem, please call Customer Service at 250-334-9622 ext. 2.
I know I have registered with the Sports and Aquatic Centres before, but I can’t access my account.
Your account may be missing an email address, or we have an old one in the system. Please contact Customer Service at 250-334-9622 ext. 2 for assistance.
Can I be refunded if my plans change?
There is a $7.00 administrative charge for withdrawals or transfers. You may withdraw/ transfer up to the third class for a $7.00 fee, and your refund will be pro-rated to the number of classes remaining in the session. Funds may be refunded back to the manner in which they were paid, or left as an account credit for future classes.
If I have a credit on account, will I be able to register online with it?
Yes you can! The amount will show up in your account details, and you will be given the option to use it at check out.
I withdrew from a class a while ago, but I don’t see a credit on my account, so where has it gone?
It may have been returned to your credit card, please check your statement – sometimes refunds take a couple days to show up. If you still have concerns, please call Customer Service at 250-334-9622 ext. 2.
How long will items stay in my cart?
Registered courses will stay in your cart up to 15 minutes. If you are registering multiple family members, it is recommended you view our lesson/class schedules for your levels & times before utilizing online registration.
I tried to register, but it won’t let me select a family member for the course. Why?
Most of our classes have age restrictions. It could be that the person is outside that age range or there is a birthdate missing or an error in your account. For assistance, please call Customer Service at 250-334-9622 ext. 2 or 250-334- 2527 ext. 0.
The course I want to register for says ‘waitlist’ instead of ‘register’.
The course has reached capacity, by selecting waitlist you will be notified if space becomes available to you.
I have waitlisted for a class. How will I know if space becomes available?
You will automatically be contacted by email should space become available. You will then have 24 hours to respond and register or decline that space. Waitlist alerts are monitored, and we may contact you by phone if there is no response.
I registered in the wrong class and it won’t let me change it.
We cannot accommodate online transfers at this time. Please call Customer Service at 250-334- 9622 ext. 2 for assistance.
I need to withdraw from classes, how do I do that?
We cannot accommodate online withdrawals at this time. Please call Customer Service at 250- 334-9622 ext. 2 for assistance.
I found the class I wanted and it said there was space left, but when I tried to register it says to waitlist, why?
Registrations are accepted online, by phone and in person. All registrants are processed in a first come first served manner. It could be that the class reached capacity in the few seconds between you selecting the course, and trying to register for it. Unfortunately, you must waitlist for the class and/or select another class.
When I select the Registration button, nothing happens or I get an error message, why?
The Perfect Minds program updates periodically. Usually these updates happen just after midnight, but like any other program may be temporarily unavailable sporadically. Please try again in a few minutes or call Customer Service at 250-334- 9622 ext. 2 during operating hours.
Can I buy a membership online?
Unfortunately, not at this time. Memberships may be purchased in person or by phone only.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes
- Fees are to be paid in full at time of registration
- Program fees include applicable taxes
- Class sizes are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- We review wait lists on a regular basis and when possible, try to accommodate everyone interested in a course.
- If your program is full, we recommend that you add your name to the wait list so we may contact you if space becomes available or we create additional spots.
- All classes are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration.
- These decisions are made in advance of the start date - in this case, a full credit to your account or refund will be issued.
- Register early to avoid disappointment
- Classes missed due to illness, weather, power failures or other events beyond our control will not be credited or refunded.
Withdrawals or Transfers
- If you withdraw or transfer a $7.00 admin fee will be charged, and a pro-rated refund or credit for the remainder will be issued.
- Pro-rated refunds or credits after the 3rd class will only be considered for medical reasons or relocation outside the CVRD.
- Seven days cancellation is required for leisure pool rentals.
- Exceptions apply to all leadership courses.
- Credits to your account are processed immediately.
- If a refund is requested: Fees paid by Visa or MasterCard will be refunded to your credit card account within 5 business days
- Fees paid by debit, cash or cheque will be refunded by cheque; allow up to 3 weeks for delivery of a refund cheque