Goose Spit Park
As in previous years, the popular Goose Spit Park Summer Beach Fire program will be back in operation from May 1 to Labour Day.
- Fires are permitted in the 10 fire rings only. Fires are not permitted outside of the provided fire rings.
- Beach fires are permitted from May 1 to Labour Day.
- Park closes and fires need to be out by 11:00 pm.
- Contained BBQs and hibachis are permitted.
- Burn only clean, dry firewood – no burning of driftwood is allowed.
- Firewood is for sale daily, between 4:30 to 10:00 pm from the park steward.
- Park steward on site from 4:30 to 11:00 pm.
Please remember that our parks protect all native plants, animals, and their homes. This includes rocks, driftwood, and shells.
Plants grow by the millimeter and die by the foot!
The park also protects the very rare Yellow Sand-verbena community of sand dune species. Please avoid trampling over the sand dunes. Use the marked trails and paved surfaces to travel from the parking lots to the beach. Watch for log corrals that mark sensitive plants and animal homes.
Other Beach Fire Opportunities
From Family Day to Thanksgiving, four beach fire rings are available at the Little River ferry terminal, overflow parking lot. Please help ensure that local beaches, with beach fire programs, make good neighbours. This helps ensure the continuation of these programs. Report unacceptable behavior to the RCMP.