Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) Planning and Development Services branch prepares land use plans and policies for consideration by the CVRD Board of Directors. In addition, the professional planners in the branch have a number of important responsibilities:
- Act as a resource for planning and development applications
- Respond to inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land
- Administer land use bylaws and policies
- Provide opportunities for public consultation
- Oversee planning initiatives within the three electoral areas, excluding Denman and Hornby Islands
The branch also administers the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) for the CVRD Board. The RGS is a shared vision for managing growth and community impacts in our diverse urban and rural neighbourhoods in the region. Our member municipalities – the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox, and Village of Cumberland – also follow the policies laid out within the RGS.