Land Use Planning

Do you have concerns about the way a property within the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is being used?

If you wish to discuss a land use issue, contact CVRD Planning and Development Services at 250-334-6006 or fill out our online form.

To submit a bylaw complaint, download and fill in the Bylaw Complaint Form, or submit it online. Deliver it in person to the CVRD office at 770 Harmston Avenue, Courtenay, between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.

Zoning regulations in the CVRD apply to Baynes Sound - excluding Denman / Hornby Islands (Electoral Area A), Lazo North (Electoral Area B), and Puntledge – Black Creek (Electoral Area C). Zoning for Denman / Hornby Islands ( within Electoral Area A) is governed by Islands Trust

For more information on CVRD land use regulations, refer to our Zoning Regulations page.