The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us is collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and other applicable legislation.
We only obtain your personal information if you provide it, usually through contacting us via email or feedback form, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
Any personal information that we do collect from you will only be used for the purposes of administering CVRD services, informing you of our services and benefits, and for statistical purposes.
What Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the CVRD's website, you do so anonymously there is no need to tell us who you are.
If you direct an enquiry to CVRD department, we will ask you to provide your name and mailing address or email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who "need to know" will have access to the personal information provided.
When you complete online transactions, job applications, or enter online surveys or contests we may collect personal information such as your name, address and e-mail.
The CVRD does not collect or retain your email address in a database format although some Internet Service Providers may automatically include your email address with your IP (Internet Protocol) address.
Protection of Personal Information
- The CVRD is obligated to protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure or disposal.
- Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of the CVRD's commitment to the protection of personal information it holds.
The Comox Valley Regional District uses social media platforms to communicate with its residents, these include Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn . On all platforms the CVRD adheres to a Social Media Code of Conduct. Posts whose content is in violation of the Code of Conduct will be hidden from public view. Persons may be blocked from CVRD social media accounts if they repeatedly violate the Code of Conduct.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The CVRD may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our website. As a result, you should visit this page periodically to review the contents.
Protection of Privacy - Privacy Management Program
The Comox Valley Regional District respects an individual’s right to have certain personal information protected. The CVRD protects the personal information it collects, accesses, uses, and stores from individuals including employees, citizens, service providers, and others, in accordance with FIPPA by:
- Ensuring compliance with the CVRD’s Records Classification and Retention Schedule (RCRS)
- Collecting the minimum amount of personal information as required for business purposes
- Obtaining consent from individuals in a prescribed way (for example in writing) when collecting their personal information for a prescribed purpose
- Describing the purposes for which personal information is used in ‘statements of notification’ on all District forms and collection sites
- Ensuring personal information collected is accurate
- Providing an individual access to their information and the means to correct their personal information
- Responsible use of information and information technology, including administrative, physical and technological security controls and appropriate access controls
- Developing and continually revising privacy management policies
How to correct your personal information or what to do if you have a concern regarding privacy protection:
Contact the Information Access and Privacy Coordinator at 250-334-6070 to discuss the personal information you would like corrected or submit your request in writing via Email.