The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is taking precautionary measures in support of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the BC Ministry of Health and their efforts to contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Comox Valley Sports Center closing at 3 pm today until further notice.
- The Comox Valley Aquatic Centre closing at 3 pm today until further notice.
- The Comox Valley Curling Club currently closed until further notice.
- The Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds will remain open. People are encouraged to contact service providers prior to use and follow provincial health guidelines.
- CVRD spring break camps will be running today until 3 pm. All aquatic centre and sports centre camps will be cancelled after today.
- Comox Strathcona Waste Management Centres are encouraging residents when visiting the landfills to use debit or credit card to limit cash handling.
“The health and well-being of our residents and staff are of the utmost importance to us,” explains CVRD Chief Administrative Officer Russell Dyson. “We are taking precautionary measures to help do our part to stop the spread. We understand the impact this will have on families especially during spring break. The Ministry of Health is advising residents to get outside so please take time and enjoy our beautiful outdoors. Visit Goose Spit, Seal Bay, Nymph Falls or other parks.”
The CVRD is working with the Town of Comox, Village of Cumberland and City of Courtenay to collaborate on response measures and best practices. The CVRD is standing by if support is requested at the federal or provincial level and information will continue to be shared as it comes available at: www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/covid19. Further updates will be provided as more information comes available.
The Comox Valley Regional District is a federation of three electoral areas and three municipalities providing sustainable services for residents and visitors to the area. The members of the regional district work collaboratively on services for the benefit of the diverse urban and rural areas of the Comox Valley.
- 30 –
Manager of Corporate Communications