BC Transit Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Last Updated: April 3, 2020
BC Transit is following the lead of health officials when it comes to their response to COVID-19 in order to continue offering Comox Valley Regional Transit System customers with critical transportation solutions.
BC Transit and the Comox Valley Regional District are making adjustments to transit services, starting April 6, 2020. These changes will keep critical service rolling while enhancing physical distancing onboard, and reduce service to schools and post-secondary institutions.
- Trips with a ‘S’ note beside them will be removed from service
- Implementation of summer level service on all routes
BC Transit has also implemented:
- Rear door boarding, where available, to enhance social distancing for drivers and passengers
- Passengers can still load through the front door if they require use of the ramp or other accessible features of the bus
- Fares will not be collected for 30 days begining March 20, for all systems including conventional, community, and handyDART
- Daily cleaning
- Enhanced disinfecting cleaning for high touch areas including stanchions, hand straps, stop buttons, doors, and seat tops
- Detailed cleaning as required for each bus
Please visit the BC Transit website for more information and updates on transit services at this time.
Health officials are recommending social distancing as a response to COVID-19. Here’s how you can help:
- Stand behind the red line to give your driver space
- Be courteous to your fellow riders
- Move around the bus to an open space if available
- Avoid touching your face
- Practice proper hand hygiene, cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm, and
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell