BC Transit Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
BC Transit is following the lead of health officials when it comes to their response to COVID-19. They have implemented enhanced cleaning measures for their fleet of buses across the province. This enhanced cleaning includes:
- Daily cleaning
- Enhanced disinfecting cleaning for high touch areas including stanchions, hand straps, stop buttons, doors, and seat tops
- Detailed cleaning as required for each bus
BC Transit is also implementing rear door boarding, where available, to enhance social distancing for drivers and passengers. Passengers can still load through the front door if they require use of the ramp or other accessible features of the bus.
In addition, customers will not be required to pay fares in all BC Transit communities for 30 days for all systems including conventional, community, and handyDART. BC Transit is working to implement these changes in communities as quickly as possible, and are asking customers to be patient during this time.
Please visit the BC Transit website for more information and updates on transit services at this time.
Health officials are recommending social distancing as a response to COVID-19. Here’s how you can help:
- Stand behind the red line to give your driver space
- Be courteous to your fellow riders
- Move around the bus to an open space if available
- Avoid touching your face
- Practice proper hand hygiene, cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm, and
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell