If your property is in the Comox Valley Regional District and is not located in the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox or the Village of Cumberland, it is in a rural area. Rural areas receive their property tax notice from the province's Surveyor of Taxes Office at the end of May each year with the taxes due by the first business day in July.

Rural property taxes are issued by and are paid to the province.


Paying your Property Taxes

Property tax payments can be made at most banks, credit unions and other financial institutions, through online banking and at Service BC locations.

The Service BC locations near to the Comox Valley Regional District are:

2500 Cliffe Avenue
Courtenay, BC

Tel: 250-897-7500

115-1180 Ironwood Road
Campbell River, BC

​Tel: 250-286-7555

For further information on rural property taxes, payments, home owner grants or property tax deferral programs, visit Enquiry B.C.’s Property taxation branch webpage or call 1-800-663-7867.

Home Owner Grants

The Home Owner Grant Program is administered by the Province of British Columbia. Applications can be mailed to the Province or applied for online or at a Service BC location. For more information, check the reverse of your property tax notice, visit the Home Owner Grant Program website or call 1-888-355-2700.

Information specific to the taxation for those services you receive from the CVRD and how they will appear on your provincial tax notice can be found on our Tax Inserts page.