Boil Water Notice Information
The CVRD recommends that Comox Valley water system users run all cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for one minute before consuming the water after a boil water notice has been lifted.
For those with additional concerns or immune compromised systems, Island Health has the following precautions listed on their website:
- Run cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for one minute before using the water.
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water tanks set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C).
- Change any pre-treatment filters (under sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.).
- For more information about boil water notices from Island Health, please click here.
Please note: those living in Royston, Village of Cumberland and those connected to the Black Creek-Oyster Bay water system or Sandwick system were not affected by the boil water notice as they are on a different water system.
Are you connected to the Comox Valley water supply system?
Want to be notified about boil water notifications by landline or text message? The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is implementing a new emergency notifications service to keep residents and businesses informed in a timely manner.