Boil Water Notice Information
Boil water notice LIFTED for all users of the Comox Valley Water System
- News release: UPDATE: Boil water notice LIFTED for all users of the Comox Valley Water System
- Comox Valley water system and area maps [PDF - 4.4 MB]
Please note: those living in Royston, Village of Cumberland and those connected to the Black Creek-Oyster Bay water system are not affected by the boil water notice as they are on a different water system.
After a Boil Water Notice has been Lifted
- Flush all water-using fixtures for 1 minute.
- Run cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for 1 minute before using the water.
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water tanks set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C).
- Change any pre-treatment filters (under sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.)
The CVRD has an email contact list for residents and businesses specifically for a notification in the event of an emergency such as a boil water advisory.
If you would like to have your email added to that list – which would ONLY be used for wide-spread emergency notification – please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should we ever need to use this list to communicate an emergency, please share the information we send to you with your neighbours, family, business associates, and anyone you think may not have heard about it.
In addition to the above, in the event of a future Boil Water Notice, updates will be made available through the regional district website on this page (www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/boil) as well During a Boil Water Notice