BC Transit Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Last Updated: June 1, 2020
Return to Front Door Loading and Fare Collection June 1, 2020
BC Transit enhanced safety measures for our provincial transit systems that allowed for a return to front door loading and collection of fares in all BC Transit communities on June 1, 2020. With the change, fares will be collected on conventional, community, and handyDART services.
Where to Purchase Bus Passes and Tickets
The Rexall Pharmacy in Comox and the Rexall Pharmacy in Courtenay are currently open to the public for purchases while many of the other outlets remain closed. If transit customers are unable to make it to either Rexall, they can call the CVRD main office at 250-334-6000 or the CVRD Sports Centre at 250-334-9622 between Monday and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, to make a purchase over the phone with a credit card. The passes or tickets will then be mailed to the customer so please call 3-5 business days in advance of when the passes or tickets are required. In addition, bus riders can purchase a ticket or daypass onboard the bus with cash.
Safety measures already implemented will remain in effect including:
- Enhanced cleaning on buses and at BC Transit facilities
- Communication to staff and employees about physical distancing procedures
- Installing vinyl panels in buses
- Increased personal protective equipment for our handyDART transit operators
- Enhancing the red line for customers to stay behind
- Limiting passenger capacity to support physical distancing
BC Transit Advisory
Please visit the BC Transit website for more information and updates on transit services at this time.
Health officials are recommending physical distancing as a response to COVID-19. Here’s how you can help:
- Leave plenty of time for your transit journey to practice proper physical distancing
- Stand behind the red line to give your driver space
- Be courteous to your fellow riders
- Move around the bus to an open space if available
- Avoid touching your face
- Practice proper hand hygiene, cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm, and
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell