CVRD Regional Emergency Services provides Comox Valley wide collaboration and coordination of emergency management under the four pillars of emergency management – mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.
The Emergency Services support the activation and operations of the regional emergency operation centre in emergency situations.
Several rural and community fire department services (under a volunteer fire fighter model) are delivered through the CVRD.
Key Service Outcomes
- Emergency prevention and mitigation
- Emergency Operations Centre preparedness
- Business and resident emergency preparedness
- Support for emergency staff and volunteers
- K’ómoks First Nation partnerships and bridging
- Continued implementation of UNDRIP and DRIPA
- Emergency food supply preparedness
- Prepared for climate readiness
Key 2023-2026 Initiatives/Directions:
- Regionalize Comox Valley Emergency Planning Program
- Complete the new Regional Emergency Operations Centre
- Developing, training, and implementing the EOC personnel plan capable of filling three shifts for a stage 3 activation
- Design and construct the Mount Washington fire service building
- Design and construct the Union Bay Fire Hall
- Design and construct the Denman Island Fire Hall
- Plan for Community Fire Smart Program and Wildfire Protection