CVRD delivers local government and services to electoral areas (street lighting, land use planning, fire protection, building inspection, bylaw compliance, water distribution, Islands-based services, parks, heritage conservation, community hall supports, community grants and more).
Electoral area directors advocate for services with the CVRD itself, senior government, and other stakeholders.
Learn more about certain electoral area services by visiting:
Key Service Outcomes
- Local government for rural areas
- Advocating for equitable and appropriate service delivery
- Infrastructure and community resiliency
- Responding to and partnering with community groups and residents
- Continued implementation of UNDRIP and DRIPA.
Key 2023-2023 Initiatives/Directions:
- Develop Septic Regulation / Education program
- Develop Watershed Stewardship Service
- Undertake Agricultural Planning
- Examine Building Inspection and Applications processes
- Implement Community Parks and Greenways Strategic Plans
- Implement priorities of the Fire Services Review