Happier people and a happier planet starts with healtheir travel!
Commuter Challenge is a friendly one-week competition that builds team spirit at work and lightens our environmental impact by encouraging people to travel by transit, walking, cycling, carpooling, or telecommuting at least once during the week of June 2-8, 2019.
Some of the benefits of participating include:
- Increased Productivity - Being multi-modal reduces commute-related stress and increases productivity and morale
- Healthier Lifestyle - Active and sustainable commutes enhance your physical, mental, and emotional health
- Reduced Cost - Being multi-modal reduces commuting and facility related costs, benefiting employees and workplaces
Congratulations Comox Valley! The Comox Valley achieved second place based on percent participation per capita and had the second highest number of workplaces registered in BC! Together, we traveled 7,776 healthier kilometers and avoided 1,566 kg C02!
The results for the winning organizations were as follows:
- Large Organization Category Winner (100+ employees): Comox Valley Regional District with 19% participation rate (906 km)
- Medium Organization Category Winner (20-99 employees): Hot Chocolates & Cakebread Artisan Bakery with 27.5% participation (220 km)
- Small Organization Category Winner (6-19 employees): 97.3 The Eagle with 54% participation (488 km)
- Mini Organization Category Winner (1-5 employees): Maxxam with 100% participation (139 km)
- Commuter Challenge Prize Draw Winner ($200 GC to Quality Foods): Norma Kellinghusen, Courtenay Elementary School (cycled and walked 71.4 km)
- Team Prize – Random Draw: Waypoint Insurance
- Team Prize – Random Draw: London Drugs
- Large Oranization Prize: donated back into the prize pool as two Team Prize Draws.
- Medium Organization Prize: $100 service at My Tech Guys, $100 GC for Art Therapy from Breathe Health Collective, 3 one-month passes to Curves Comox, 6 single fare transit tickets, 2 Aquatic Centre passes, an umbrella and a water bottle ($375 value)
- Small Organization Prize: $100 GC for a Thai Massage from Breathe Health Collective, 2 one-month passes to Curves Comox, 6 single fare transit tickets, 2 Aquatic Centre passes, an umbrella and a water bottle ($250 value)
- Mini Organization Prize: $20 GC to Broken Spoke, one-month pass to Curves Comox, 6 single fare transit tickets, 2 Aquatic Centre passes, an umbrella and a water bottle ($100 value)
- Commuter Challenge Prize Draw Winner: $200 Quality Foods Gift Card
- Team Prize Draw: $100 GC for craniosacral therapy, 2 one-month passes to Curves Comox, 2 Aquatic Centre passes, umbrella ($225)
- Team Prize Draw: and $100 GC for acupuncture from Breathe Health Collective, 2 one-month passes to Curves Comox, 2 Aquatic Centre passes and water bottle ($225 value)
Lindsay Eason, Comox Valley Commuter Challenge Coordinator