In 2017, the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) reviewed the Comox Valley Zoning Bylaw No. 2781, adopted in 2005, to align the CVRD’s zoning regulations with the policies and goals set out in the Official Community Plan (adopted in 2014) and the Regional Growth Strategy (adopted in 2011).
The key policy themes underlying the 2017 bylaw review included:
- Modernization for clarity, interpretation and administration
- Support for agriculture and aquaculture
- Support for rural living
- Support for aging in place
- Enabling implementation of sustainability principles through solar panel and wind energy devices
- Support for rural economic development
Objectives and Public Consultation
The objective of the CVRD zoning bylaw review was to achieve a zoning bylaw that implemented the objectives and policies of the Official Community Plan (OCP), simplified zoning regulations, responded to emerging planning and development trends and improved clarity and readability.
The CVRD engaged the community and key stakeholders to obtain feedback and input on the zoning review through a public launch, website, open houses and the bylaw adoption process readings and hearings.
We Want to Hear From You.
- Attend meetings and events. Meetings and events will be posted once scheduled.
Comments and questions can be directed to:
- Ton Trieu, Assistant Manager of Planning Services
Written submissions may be mailed to:
Comox Valley Regional District
Planning and Development Services Branch
Attn: Zoning Bylaw Review
600 Comox Road, Courtenay BC, V9N 3P6