Parent & Tot Lessons (Ages 2-5 years) - 30 minute classes
- Parent and Tot Skating lessons: Enjoy playing a variety of games on the ice with your child while you both develop your skating skills. No previous skating experience is required for either participant, it is all about the fun!
- Parent & Tot Hockey Lessons: Parents and tots will get a chance to develop both their skating and hockey skills during this program. Lots of family fun with an emphasis on skill development.
- H2O x 2 Skating and Swimming Combo Lesson: This program combines both activities in one trip to the CVRD Sports Centre. Participants will spend the first 30 minutes on the ice with a skating instructor followed by a 30 minute swimming lesson. Save time and money with this combo program.
- Skate, Snack & Story: Caregivers and children are invited to join us for a fun introduction to ice skating. Lesson includes a 30 minute skating lesson followed by a healthy snack and a story in the lobby.
Ice Blades Preschool Lessons (Agese 3-6 years) - 30 to 45 minute classes
- Artic Bunny: Using games and activities participants will spend quality time learning how to become comfortable on the ice.
- Artic Fox: Proper form and balance is introduced and practiced. Parents may help on ice to encourage student participation.
- Artic Owl: Participants are comfortable with both forward and backwards gliding on alternate feet. Forwards crossovers are introduced and practiced.
- Artic Penquin: More complex skating positioning is introduced, such as slalom ski and outside edge work. Participants are encouraged to practice a combination of at least three basic skills together.
- Artic Bear: Participants are comfortable doing backwards crossovers and are introduced to parallel stopping. Participants are encouraged to practice a combination of at least four basic skills together.
- Tiny Tot Hockey: Our instructors will introduce participants to the wonderful world of hockey through a variety of fun drills and mini games. All participants must be able to skate on their own and full gear is required.
Ice Blades Youth Lessons (Ages 6-13) - 30 to 60 minute classes
Teen and Adult Lessons ( Ages 13+) - 60 minute classes
- Comox Valley Stars Hockey League (ages 15+): This is a great program for all athletes aged 15+ with developmental disabilities. Our coaches will help you work on your skating and hockey skills and it dose not matter if you have never played or skated before. As the team builds we hope to play teams in neighbouring communities in fun exhibition style games. Full Gear is required.
Private Lessons (ages 3+) - 30 minute classes
If group lessons do not work for you or your child, we offer individualized private and semi lessons. Please call 250-334-9622 x 225 to arrange a lesson that works for your schedule.