The Comox Valley Aquatic Centre will be closed November 8 until 11 to complete deck remediation warranty work as a result of the deck upgrades completed this summer. The facility will be reopening on Friday, November 12 at 6:00 am.
We want to thank residents for their understanding regarding this unexpected closure, This short-term closure will address the slippery deck concerns to protect public safety moving forward.
The Sports Centre pool remains open to swim and some programs have been temporarily moved to this location.
Comox Valley Aquatic Centre
The Aquatic Centre is the ideal place for aquatic fun and fitness in the Comox Valley. Features and amenities include:
- A wave/leisure pool with two waterslides
- An 8-lane, 25-metre pool
- Steam room
- Fitness studio/weight room
- Meeting/multipurpose rooms
- A swim shop
- Full wheelchair accessibility – beach-entry access into the leisure wave pool, poolside lifts, family/disabled change rooms, and raised walls in the hot tub for easy transfer from a wheelchair (our lifeguards are available to assist patrons with the poolside chair lift)
Browse aquatics classes, swim lessons and Register Online.
Drop- In Schedule
Check out the Drop-In Schedule for drop-in skating, fitness, aquatfit and swimming.
We are pleased to offer a minimum of 2 lanes for lap swimming during all open hours.
Our fitness studio/weight room in the Aquatic Centre is wheelchair accessible and features:
- Stationary bike, two spin bikes, two treadmills
- Elliptical trainer, stair climber, rowing machine
- Multi-station gym
- Swiss balls, mats and small weights