We are currently seeking up to two Recreation Facility Attendants to join our Recreation Services Team. This position assists patrons at the skate shop including instructing skating programs, scorekeeping, renting and sharpening skates, and supporting special events. Reporting to the Manager of Recreation Services, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Performing skate patrol duties for public skating and user groups, organizing and supervising on-ice activities for participants of all ages;
- Renting and sharpening skates;
- Planning, preparing and instructing skating programs, performing referee functions and scorekeeping for league games as assigned;
- Completing and maintaining accurate records such as up to date lesson program cards, attendance records, and administration forms; providing appropriate feedback to lesson participants.
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment for facility patrons and staff and performing daily maintenance duties.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Positive and engaging with the ability to connect with skaters of all ages;
- An experienced skater with a minimum of six months of hockey or figure skating experience in order to meet the standards required for skate patrol and instruction and minimum completion of Grade 11;
- A respectful communicator with a professional approach to customer service;
- Detail oriented, able to keep accurate and complete records with a basic knowledge of cash handling procedures;
- Safety conscious and able to effectively respond to emergency situations when required;
- Current in Standard First Aid and CPR with criminal record clearance;
- Flexible in working a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.