Get your Fireworks Permit First

Starting October 24 until November 1 fireworks will be on sale in the electoral areas. The sale of fireworks must be from a commercially zoned retailer operating under the current fire regulations within the region.

Permits are required prior to exploding or setting off fireworks (excluding sparklers, Christmas crackers and caps for toy guns). Permits are available online or at the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) office at 600 Comox Road for only ten dollars. Applicants must be 19 years of age and older and once the permit is approved will be authorized to set off fireworks within the CVRD on property owned by the permit holder. If an applicant wishes to set off fireworks on private property written consent from the property owner must be provided.

“With Halloween approaching, we are educating residents to please get their permits prior to purchasing fireworks within the electoral areas” explains Derald Lewis, Manager of Bylaws. “The permit holder is reminded that they must take all steps necessary to ensure the safety and security of all residents when setting off fireworks. As well, please respect your neighbours and let them know beforehand if you are planning on setting off fireworks this season. This simple gesture will help reduce the possibility of frightened animals and children.”

For more information on required fireworks permits within the electoral areas please visit

The Comox Valley Regional District is a federation of three electoral areas and three municipalities providing sustainable services for residents and visitors to the area. The members of the regional district work collaboratively on services for the benefit of the diverse urban and rural areas of the Comox Valley.
-  30 –

Media Contact:
Derald Lewis
Manager of Bylaws and Special Investigations
Tel: 250-334-6079