Q. Why is a permit required by the CVRD?
A: The permit is necessary to ensure that Fireworks are being set off on private property by someone 18 years of age or older in a responsible manner. The permit also assists authorities in tracking the location and times of fireworks displays, should complaints be received.

Q. Where does the money from the permit go?
A: The funds from all permits sold are returned to the Fireworks service to further assist with continuing education of the Fireworks regulations in the regional district as well as to assist with costs such as advertising and the printing of the safety brochures.

Q. What happens if I don’t purchase a permit to set off my fireworks?
A: Individuals that set Fireworks off without a permit within the electoral areas of the regional district may be subject to fines. However, the regional district is always looking for compliance with our bylaws.

Q. How will the fireworks bylaw be enforced?
A: The bylaw will be enforced by regional district enforcement staff with assistance from the RCMP and local fire departments. Enforcement will be both pro-active as well as complaint-driven and any concerns or complaints of fireworks can be forwarded to bylawenforcement@comoxvalleyrd.ca