Dog licencing through the use of tags makes it easy to identify dogs and re-connect lost pets with their owners. Licences are valid from January 1 until December 31 each year, and are mandatory for Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) electoral area residents:
- Baynes Sound - (Electoral Area A - Vancouver Island portion): south of the City of Courtenay to Cook Creek, including Minto, Royston, Union Bay and Fanny Bay.
- Lazo North (Electoral Area B): the Comox Peninsula, Little River, Balmoral Beach, Point Holmes, Bates Beach, Meadowbrook, Huband Road, and Tsolum.
- Puntledge-Black Creek (Electoral Area C): Merville, Black Creek, Dove Creek, Saratoga Beach, Arden (west of Cumberland Road), Powerhouse Road, Lake Trail, Marsden, Plateau Road, and north to the Oyster River.
For residents of the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox, and Village of Cumberland, please contact your municipal office to obtain your annual dog licence.
Dog Licence Frequently Asked Questions
• Spayed or neutered - $5 • Not spayed or neutered - $15
- Comox Valley Regional District
600 Comox Road, Courtenay | Tel: 250-334-6000
- BCSPCA - Comox Valley & District
1668 Ryan Road East, Courtenay | Tel: 250-339-7722
- Ships Point Improvement District
7729 Vivian Way, Fanny Bay | Tel: 250-335-0551
To report a lost or found dog or any animal control concerns, contact the CVRD’s animal control officer at 250-218-2365.