Stage Four Water Restrictions
STAGE 4 – EXTREME CONDITIONS
- During stage 4 all use of water for any purpose other than drinking, food preparation and personal hygiene is prohibited.
- Without limiting the generality of section 1, prohibited uses of water during stage 4 include the following:
- watering lawns, gardens, plants and trees in any manner or by any means, including watering by hand;
- filling or topping off or operating residential or commercial pools, hot tubs or ponds or fountains;
- operating local government outdoor water parks and pools;
- washing vehicles, boats or outdoor surfaces;
- irrigating golf courses and other public and/or school district property.
- Where reasonably possible, swimming pools, hot tubs, fountains and ponds should be drained for health and safety purposes and such water used for irrigation.
- No new lawn permit shall be issued during stage 4, and no new lawn permit, whenever issued, shall be valid during stage 4.
- As exceptions to stage 4 restrictions,
- spot cleaning of vehicles and boats with a sponge and bucket for health and safety reasons (windows, lights, license plates, etc.) is permitted;
- local government water main and hydrant maintenance is permitted, but only for unscheduled safety or public health reasons;
- irrigating local government all-weather playing fields;
- water use is permitted for farm and agricultural operations, but only for livestock drinking purposes and for no other purpose;
- cleaning outdoor surfaces is only authorized when required by law to comply with health or safety regulations, or to comply with an order of a regulatory authority having jurisdiction, such as WorkSafeBC or a public health inspector;
- water use is permitted for firefighting.