BCOB Water Rate Review 2015
In 2015, a comprehensive water rate review was completed for the Black Creek - Oyster Bay (BCOB) service area. Due to rising operational costs, the repayment of debt on capital works, and the need to begin funding a long-term asset management strategy, there is a need to increase water rates and at the same time simplify the rate structure. The water rate increases will help ensure safe and sustainable continued water services for residents and the businesses in the area. Homeowners were encouraged to attend a community information meeting at the Living Waters Fellowship Church on Tuesday, June 9 at 7:00 p.m.
Leading up to the community information session, residents were notified by direct mail about the changes to water rates and the details of the meeting. This website page was also updated with frequently asked questions and condensed information from the Water Rate Review Study [PDF - 702 KB] prepared by Econics.
- Black Creek- Oyster Bay Rate Review 2015 [PDF - 742 KB]
- Resident letter about BCOB water rate community information meeting - June 9 [PDF - 87 KB]
- Print ad for the BCOB community information meeting [PDF - 126 KB]
- Poster for the BCOB community information meeting [PDF - 325 KB]
- 2015 - 2019 Financial Plan - BCOB water service [PDF - 203 KB]
- Staff report for BCOB water local service area user fee and parcel tax rates [PDF - 150 KB]
- BCOB water rate review study [PDF - 702 KB]
- Proposed Black Creek - Oyster Bay Water Service Regulation, Fees and Charges Bylaw, 2008, Amendment No. 5 [PDF - 68 KB]
For questions or inquires, contact the CVRD's engineering services branch.