Subdividing Land

Can I subdivide my property?

The approving authority for all subdivisions in the regional district outside of municipal boundaries is the Ministry of Transportation. The Ministry of Transportation refers subdivision applications to the regional district as a referral agency. Minimum lot size, road frontage, parkland dedication, and servicing standards, among other things, are all reviewed, prior to the regional district recommending the approval of any subdivisions to the Ministry of Transportation. You are encouraged to contact Community Planning Services for further advice before applying to subdivide your property.