The Comox Valley Regional District has prepared the 2017 parcel tax assessment roll as required by Section 202 of the Community Charter.
Parcel Tax Rolls by service area:
The province includes the parcel taxes on the rural property tax notices they issue each May to all rural property owners. The province is responsible for collection of the parcel taxes on behalf of the CVRD and remits the funds collected to the CVRD in August each year.
The parcel tax roll review panel will meet on February 22, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the board room of the Comox Valley Regional District, located at 550B Comox Road, Courtenay, B.C. to hear requests that the roll be amended.
Property owners are able to request an amendment to the parcel tax roll only with respect to their own property and only for the following reasons:
- error or omission of the name or address on the roll
- error or omission respecting the inclusion of parcel
- error or omission respecting the taxable area or taxable frontage of a parcel
- an exemption had been improperly allowed or disallowed.
In order for a request to be considered by the panel, it must be made in writing and received at the CVRD office at least 48 hours prior to the sitting of the parcel tax roll review panel.
Enquiries can be made by email or by calling 250-334-6033.
Current Parcel Tax Bylaws
- Baynes Sound, EA 'B' and 'C' Parks and Greenways Service Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 270, 2013 [PDF - 171 KB]
- Black Creek/Oyster Bay Water Local Service Area Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 93, 2009 [PDF - 163 KB]
- Comox Valley Water Local Service Are Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 2337, 2001 [PDF - 79 KB]
- Courtenay Flats Drainage Specified Area Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 1106, 1989 [PDF - 241 KB]
- Denman Island Water Local Service Area Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 1919, 1997 [PDF - 256 KB]
- England Road Water Local Service Area Bylaw No. 2424, 2001 [PDF - 148 KB]
- Greaves Crescent Water Local Service Area Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 2335, 2001 [PDF - 96 KB]
- Jackson Drive Sewer Service Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 2749, 2005 [PDF - 161 KB]
- Marsden/Camco Water Local Service Area Frontage Tax Bylaw No. 2341, 2001 [PDF - 87 KB]
- Royston Water Service Parcel Tax Bylaw No. 105, 2010 [PDF - 72 KB]
Back to top