Comox Valley Rural OCP Review
The CVRD board considered the proposed rural Comox Valley official community plan at its September 30th meeting based on recommendations from the September 29th special EASC. The board referred the bylaw to its October 21st meeting to further discuss agency referral comments. The board also set a public hearing to be held on November 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in the boardroom located at 550B Comox Road, Courtenay.
Please leave your feedback by clicking on 'planning' from the drop-down topic menu and filling out the feedback form.
| [PDF - 4.9 MB]
Phase 1: January - February 2014
| [PDF - 367 KB]
Phase 2: Policy Alternatives
Check Out the Videos
- Advisory Planning Commissions community consultation January 16, 2014
- Environmental Protection community consultation January 16, 2014
- Supporting our Seniors community consultation January 16, 2014
- Saratoga Beach community consultation January 17, 2014
- Union Bay community consultation January 18, 2014
- Rural Youth community consultation January 18, 2014
Check Out the Murals
- Supporting our seniors [PDF - 398 KB]
- Saratoga Beach as a settlement node [PDF - 330 KB]
- Union Bay as a settlement node [PDF - 334 KB]
- Rural youth [PDF - 286 KB]
- Environmental concerns [PDF - 325 KB]
- APC joint meeting [PDF - 335 KB]
- What is an OCP?
- What is the process?
- Who is responsible for the process?
- Why does the current OCP need updating?
- OCP surveys
- OCP review background information
- OCP Review Project Timelines [PDF - 64 KB]
- CVRD Regional Growth Strategy
- Rural Comox Valley Official Community Plan (1998)
- Your questions answered