Park Rules & Permits

Park Use Permit

As per Electoral Areas Parks Regulations Bylaw Number 103, 2010, a Park Use Permit is required for any special use in a regional district park.

Dogs in Parks

Please be responsible with your pet - for a list of seasonal leashing requirements, and mandatory and optional leash parks visit the Dogs in Parks page.


Anyone wishing to get married at a Comox Valley Regional District park should contact the Community Services branch at our office. As most of our facilities are nature parks it is difficult to close off areas to other parks users or reserve specific spaces. Weddings in our parks typically occur amongst others using the park on that day. Permits are not usually required unless there is 100 people or more attending the wedding. If a permit is required the fee is $100 plus proof of adequate insurance. Some of the favourite wedding sites in the Valley are Nymph Falls, Royston Seaside Trail and Goose Spit.