Grassy Point Park
- waterfront with rocky shoreline and plenty of beach logs
- wildlife viewing
- leashing optional for pets
- beach fires: permitted below high tide level provided there is no Island closure
- parking lot
- two benches
- seasonal porta-pottie
- burn dry, seasoned and untreated firewood, bring a bucket to fully extinguish the fire with water and leave a clean and tidy site
- a person at least 16 years old shall supervise the fire ensuring the fire is kept under control from the time it is ignited until it is completely extinguished
- permitted only below the natural boundary and must be a minimum of 3 metres from driftwood, slash, grass or other combustible material
- shall be no larger than 1 meter in diameter
- shall be completely extinguished with water and not covered with sand or other material by 2a.m.
- Hornby Island Fire Rescue department does fire patrols throughout the summer months. The fire patrol is available at 250-703-9022.
Grassy Point Road off of Harwood Road near Gunpowder Trail, Hornby Island
Denman/Hornby Islands (Area ‘A')
How to Get There
Check out the map [PDF - 237 KB] for directions
Fish, deer, otters, mink, seals and sea lions
Parks Committee of the Hornby Island Residents & Ratepayers Association http://hirra.ca/
The regional district obtained a licence of occupation over this road allowance/beach access in August of 2009.