Vivian Way Beach Access
- Beach access via staircase down a steep bank
- Blue “shore access” signage identifying public beach access
- 90 m2
- Please do not litter and pick up after your pet.
- Respect private property owners by staying on Vivian Way when travelling to beach.
- No camping and over-night parking
- Private aquaculture leases in front of Vivian Way do not allow for the recreational harvesting of shellfish at this location.
- Ships Point, Fanny Bay
- Baynes Sound – Denman/Hornby Islands – Electoral Area ‘A’
How To Get There
From Courtenay, travel south along Highway 19A for approximately 27 km. to Ships Point Road. Turn right on Ships Point Road and follow it to Vivian Way. Turn right onto Vivian Way at the blue “Shore Access” sign. There is day time vehicle parking available near the staircase entrance. (map [PDF - 358 KB]).
- Shorebirds, transient marine mammals
- Wind swept Douglas-fir conifers, sedimentary rock formations, beach ecosystem
CVRD holds a permit from the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for this beach access and two MOTI shore access signs.
At the terminus of Vivian Way a historic staircase was constructed by local residents as a connection between Ships Point Road and the foreshore. The staircase eventually lapsed into disrepair and was replaced in 2013 by the CVRD.
This public beach access is marked with a blue “shore access” sign.